Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Easing into the New Year

After battling through the weather and surviving holiday travels, nothing sounded better than a quiet New Year's. Robbie and I both worked on New Year's eve, so we decided to keep things low key for the evening. After work we made our way out to see the last of the holiday lights displayed at Garden D'lights, at the Bellevue Botanical Gardens. It was a beautiful display with very intricate designs. I highly recommend it for next year. (The grape display made me think of Italy)

We then went out to a small Thai dinner and headed home for the evening where we dozed off in front of the TV by 10:30pm- I guess we were still both jet lagged from the traveling. I was happy that I woke up as they were doing the count down. It gave us a chance to count back from 10 and then head to bed.



Last week a new quarter of school began, which started with another snow storm the night before my first day. We are now trying to ease into my new school/work schedule and Robbie is readjusting back to his work routine. (Gosh that holiday break was nice-miss it already!).

1 comment:

Audrey Simon said...

Oh my goodness! I can't believe you actually ventured onto the Eastside! LOL Our New Years Eve was low key too even though we were in Vegas. I think we were asleep by 10 pm!