Friday, February 13, 2009

The Answer is in the Box

Today we had our 18 week check up which included a full anatomy ultrasound. The appointment went well and we were very happy to see that the baby is developing well. It was quite an interesting appointment, as the ultrasound was very detailed and looked at all of the baby's parts, including genitals. I was not ready to know the gender of the baby, so we opted to look away during that part of the appointment. Instead, we had the ultrasound technician put the ultrasound picture which identified the baby's gender in a sealed envelope for us to open when ready.
After the appointment we decided to head to the UW bookstore to pick out a boy and a girl outfit for our baby. We then asked one of the store clerks to take a look at the gender ultrasound without us seeing and had her ring up the correct outfit and send it off to gift wrap. So now sits a beautifully wrapped gift with the answer to the big question... are we expecting a he or a she???
We have yet to open the box.
So what do you think, is baby a boy or a girl?? Tell us what your guess is. If you do not have a log on for the blog, go ahead and post your guess as anonymous. Just be sure to sign your name after your guess.
Below is a short 3-D clip of the baby at 18 weeks.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG Chelle and Robbie....based on that picture...it's a boy!
Love you both
Sharon and Sam

JANE said...

Ah! Is that an umbilical cord or a willy in that 3D movie of your cutie baby whoever they are!?

Anonymous said...

I think Cali is going to have a little brother :)
-Sara

Anonymous said...

I vote boy. They didn't do the 3-D thing when I had the ladies. How Amazing! Adrienne

Anonymous said...

Both me and mom predict a boy. I guess that means the name Rochelle will be off of the table. =)

Love, Myra and mom

Anonymous said...

I kind of think you are having a boy, but I hope you are having a girl. Not enough cute girls in the world...
Bryan

Anonymous said...

It's a boy.
Katie

Gretchen Roewe said...

From the video, I think it's a boy...but the real question is.. what do you think you are having? Mommy's often have the best guess :)
SO exciting! Love the 3d, too
Gretchen

Anonymous said...

Picture says boy.
Lisa says girl.

Lisa

Unknown said...

I had a vision of you two with a little boy, so I am sticking with that! OPEN THE GIFT!!!! ; )

xoxoKatrina

Anonymous said...

oh man! i can't tell. my first instinct was boy...... either way, you are blessed completely! congrats!

Bernadette said...

I'm gonna have to say boy! Looks like Matthew and Austin are gonna have another boy to play cars and planes with :-)

Coto Clan said...

It is a girl!

Anonymous said...

Boy!!
Fish Family

Anonymous said...

Hard to tell, but I think it's a girl. Maddy needs another girlfriend!
Sara O.

Elizabeth Rose said...

I love how you are planning to figure out if it's a boy or a girl. So sweet and creative!
I'm gonna go with girl for now. Maybe I'll change my mind when I see you (which I can't wait) at the end of March.
BTW, I think it's hilarious that you have SNL in the background noise of this little clip.
Love,
Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking it's a boy :-)
-Heather