Monday, September 21, 2009

Daddy's Little Lucky Charm

This past weekend we decided that it was time for Mom and Carina to join Dad for the big UW Huskies verses nationally ranked #3 USC Trojans football game. It was quite a bit of planning and preparing to make sure things were executed as smoothly as possible.
It turned out to be an amazing game, a surprising upset that will be marked in Husky history. What a great first game for our little Husky.
On Robbie's regular Husky fan website they were asked to post what the big win meant to them. See his response below. It really couldn't have been said more beautifully.
Re: What the win meant to me
My story:I've been going to Husky Football games with my dad since 1988. My first few games in '88 and '89 are a bit hazy, but I will never forget the 1990 USC "All I Saw Was Purple" game. That was the day I became a Husky Football fanatic. I saved my ticket stub, immediately putting it in one of my baseball card hard covers when I got home. It sits displayed in my entertainment room today along with some other Husky items, but that ticket stub has always been my most prized Husky possession...
Fast forward to 2009...My daughter was born on July 23rd and I somehow convinced my wife that my daughter's first Husky game was going to be this USC game. Props to my wife for going along with it and making it happen. Bringing an eight-week-old baby to a football game isn't as easy as it sounds (mother's are amazing by the way).
There we were - my dad, my mom, my wife, my baby girl and I - watching this amazing game in Husky Stadium together. I was in Husky heaven. And when that field goal went through, my wife looked at our daughter and said "you're daddy's little lucky charm". I couldn't agree more...
When I got home, I placed the new ticket stub in a hard case next to my 1990 USC ticket stub, which has now become my second most prized Husky possession.

4 comments:

OurFishFamily said...

super cute story... Robbie is very lucky to have such a wonderful little lucky charm!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow Carina! We just knew it that you were at the game, and brought the good luck to the Huskies! We tried looking for you when the camera focused at the audience. We were cheering just like you when the Huskies made the field goal. I like your pruple outfit!
GO HUSKIES!!!
Love & miss you very much!
Lolo & Lola

It's a Deogie day said...

Okay I'm crying now thank you for that one. Carina looks so adorable in her Husky outfit and headphones!

We're hoping for the Seahawks December 20th game with Keira. Your story has inspired. Love you all tons XOXO

JANE said...

Oh Robbie. This brought tears to my eyes. What a special thing fatherly and husbandly pride.

Go Huskies!