Thursday, January 17, 2008

Buried back under the books

I know, I know, postings have been slim to none lately. Sorry. Winter quarter of nursing school started on January 7th which meant that I was buried under the books beginning on January 2nd! I feel so behind with updating the blog, but promise I will try to make a point to schedule weekly time to update with what's happened.
So here is an overall update. At the end of December I finished fall quarter- woohoo- then began picking up hours at work. We opened a new Resource Center with a larger portion dedicated to patient and family education- so so exciting- which kept me pretty busy. We of course had wonderful holidays in Seattle. Our little friend Lola, our good friends' dog, stayed with us for about a week and became Cali's new best friend. After X-mass Robbie and I took a weekend to get away to Vancouver, BC. It was a wonderful mini vacation and our first experience with boxing week sales in Canada (I had never heard of it as a holiday before!). After we got back we had a quiet New Years at home, reflected on what a crazy busy year 2007 was and anticipated the busy year ahead.
From there things began rolling. School began with emails from professors giving all the students a heads up on what to have prepared for the first day of the quarter (No one said we'd have work during our school break!). Robbie's work picked up as usual with full speed, catching up for the slower holiday weeks. We are currently still getting used to the new schedule. I'm continuing working part time and have moved one of my shifts to Saturdays since school takes up a majority of my time during the week. The next few months will be intensely busy, (already are), but exciting and stimulating as usual.
Robbie's part time job is Husky basketball. It's been a tough season so far but he is positive and doesn't miss a game. So Thursdays and Saturdays you will pretty much find him watching basketball.
Grandma Vi just had another big birthday- sorry for the late post! Happy belated birthday. We love you so much!
Currently we are thawing out from our last bit of snow and ice and looking forward to the weekend.
So there it is, you are caught up. I'll try to post some pictures soon.
Hope your year has started out wonderfully.

XOXO
Chelle

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Finally I have an update on how we're doing. Since we've been so busy lately, I just come to the blog to find out what's going on with my better half. Thanks for the update. Love ya!!!
- Robbie